Sic·y·o·nian | \ ¦sisē¦ōnyən, -ikē-, -ōnēən\
Definition of Sicyonian
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : of, relating to, or characteristic of the ancient city of Sicyon in the Peloponnesus or the surrounding district Sicyonia
2 : of, relating to, or characteristic of the people of Sicyon or Sicyonia
Definition of Sicyonian (Entry 2 of 2)
a : a native or inhabitant of the ancient city of Sicyon
b : a native or inhabitant of the ancient district of Sicyonia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game