Sic·y·os | \ ˈsisēəs, -ikē-, -ēˌäs\
Definition of Sicyos
: a genus of annual herbaceous vines (family Cucurbitaceae) found in the New World and Australasia with branched tendrils, angled or lobed leaves, small greenish white monoecious flowers, and spiny indehiscent fruit
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game