Sic·y·os | \ ˈsisēəs, -ikē-, -ēˌäs\
Definition of Sicyos
: a genus of annual herbaceous vines (family Cucurbitaceae) found in the New World and Australasia with branched tendrils, angled or lobed leaves, small greenish white monoecious flowers, and spiny indehiscent fruit
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game