plural Sherlock Holmeses
Definition of Sherlock Holmes
1 : detective especially : one having remarkable powers of deduction
2 : a person exhibiting unusual powers of deduction in solving any problem
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game