Sep·to·basidium | \ ¦sep(ˌ)tō+\
Definition of Septobasidium
: a genus (the type of the family Septobasidiaceae) of smooth shelf fungi usually having a well-developed sometimes thick-walled hypobasidium
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game