San·skrit·iza·tion | \ ˌsanzˌkritə̇ˈzāshən \
Definition of Sanskritization
1 : the assimilation of a language to Sanskrit in vocabulary, syntax, or style
2 : the assimilation of a culture to that of Brahminical Hinduism
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game