Rue·ping process | \ ˈrü|piŋ-, ˈrē|\
Definition of Rueping process
: a treatment for preserving wood with the use of a minimum amount of coal-tar creosote by alternating pressure and vacuum so that only the walls of the wood cells are coated and the cells themselves are not filled
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game