Rue·ping process | \ ˈrü|piŋ-, ˈrē| \
Definition of Rueping process
: a treatment for preserving wood with the use of a minimum amount of coal-tar creosote by alternating pressure and vacuum so that only the walls of the wood cells are coated and the cells themselves are not filled
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game