Ram·es·side | \ ˈraməˌsīd, -sə̇d\
variants: or less commonly Ramessid \ -sə̇d \
Definition of Ramesside
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of or relating to the kings of ancient Egypt named Ramses especially : of or relating to the kings of the XXth dynasty founded by Ramses III about 1200 b.c.
variants: or less commonly Ramessid \ " \
Definition of Ramesside (Entry 2 of 2)
: a king of the XXth Egyptian dynasty
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game