Py·thon·i·dae | \ pīˈthänəˌdē\
Definition of Pythonidae
in some classifications
: a family comprising nonvenomous snakes closely related to the boas but having a supraorbital bone and usually teeth on the premaxilla and the subcaudal scales mostly in two rows, including Python and closely related genera, and being now usually treated as a subfamily of Boidae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game