Definition of Plesiosauria
1 : a suborder of Sauropterygia comprising Mesozoic marine reptiles with dorsoventrally flattened bodies and limbs modified into paddles — compare plesiosaurus
2 in some classifications : an order of Reptilia nearly coextensive with Sauropterygia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?