Pa·tera process | \ pəˈtārə-\
Definition of Patera process
: extraction of silver from its ores by roasting with salt, leaching out the silver chloride with a solution of sodium thiosulfate, and precipitating the silver as sulfide by means of sodium sulfide
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game