Nietz·sche·an·ism | \ -əˌnizəm\
variants: or Nietzscheism \ -chēˌizəm \
Definition of Nietzscheanism
: the philosophical theories of Nietzsche advocating the overcoming of both a threatening nihilism and a slave morality as exemplified for him in historical Christianity through a reevaluation of all values on the basis of a will to power epitomized in his doctrine of the superman and the idea of the eternal recurrence of all things
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
- ls ‘Series’ Singular or Plural?
- Triumph, Ovations and Other Words from Ancient Rome
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game