Definition of Moeritherium
: a genus of Upper Eocene and Oligocene northern African mammals (order Proboscidea) that are about as large as tapirs and have a short proboscis and mastodont teeth including enlarged second incisors which are considered precursors of the tusks of later related forms (as mastodons and elephants)
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game