Definition of Mesosauria
: an order of primitive aquatic and probably web-footed reptiles from the Permian of South America and Africa that are distinguished by an elongate head with the nostrils near the eyes and are sometimes included in Pelycosauria as a suborder
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game