Me·le·tian | \ mə̇ˈlēshən\
Definition of Meletian
(Entry 1 of 4)
: of or relating to Meletius the bishop of Lycopolis
Definition of Meletian (Entry 2 of 4)
: a member or supporter of a schismatic party upholding Meletius the bishop of Lycopolis in exercising episcopal functions in the see of Alexandria early in the 4th century a.d.
Definition of Meletian (Entry 3 of 4)
: of or relating to Meletius the bishop of Antioch in Syria
Definition of Meletian (Entry 4 of 4)
: a member or supporter of a schism occasioned by dissensions over the opinions of Meletius the bishop of Antioch
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?