Mc·In·tire | \ ˈmakə̇n‧ˌtī(ə)r\
Definition of McIntire
: a style of late 18th and early 19th century American furniture and interior architecture distinguished by the discreet use of carving especially on vertical elements and the employment of rich veneering
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game