Mc·In·tire | \ ˈmakə̇n‧ˌtī(ə)r\
Definition of McIntire
: a style of late 18th and early 19th century American furniture and interior architecture distinguished by the discreet use of carving especially on vertical elements and the employment of rich veneering
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game