Lie·se·gang ring | \ ˈlēzəˌgäŋ-\
Definition of Liesegang ring
: one of a series of usually concentric bands of a precipitate that are separated by clear spaces and that are often formed in gels by periodic or rhythmic precipitation —usually used in plural
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game