Lambert conformal conic projectionnoun
variants: or Lambert conformal projection
Definition of Lambert conformal conic projection
: a conformal conic map projection with straight-line meridians that meet at a common center beyond the limits of the map and with parallels of which two are standard that are arcs of circles intersecting the meridians at right angles
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game