\ ˈnäps-, kəˈnōps-\
Definition of Knop's solution
: a nutrient solution used in growth experiments with higher plants and containing definite proportions of calcium nitrate, potassium nitrate, magnesium sulfate, monobasic potassium phosphate, and potassium chloride dissolved in water
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game