Huar·pe | \ ˈwär(ˌ)pā\
plural Huarpe or Huarpes
Definition of Huarpe
1a : a group of Indian peoples of western Argentina including the Allentiac of the San Juan province
b : a member of such peoples
2 : a language family consisting of the languages spoken by the Huarpe peoples
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game