Gym·no·co·nia | \ ˌjimnəˈkōnēə\
Definition of Gymnoconia
: a genus of rusts (order Uredinales) having naked aecial sori and 2-celled teliospores and including a rust (G. interstitialis) of the raspberry and blackberry
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?