Glyc·era | \ ˈglisərə\
Definition of Glycera
: a common widely distributed genus (the type of the family Glyceridae) of usually brightly colored burrowing marine polychaete worms having simple parapodia and an extremely large introvert armed with four chitinous jaws suggestive of hooks
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game