Georges Bank floundernoun
Georg·es Bank flounder | \ ¦jȯr|jə̇z-, ¦jȯ(ə)|\
Definition of Georges Bank flounder
: a brownish yellow flounder (Pseudopleuronectes americanus dignabilis)
— called also lemon sole
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?