Georgetowngeographical name (1)
Definition of Georgetown
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 section of Washington, D.C., in the western part of the city
2 city in central Texas north of Austin population 47,400
3 city and port on the Atlantic in northeastern Guyana population 162,000
Note: Georgetown is the capital of Guyana.
George Towngeographical name (2)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game