Fo·mes | \ ˈfō(ˌ)mēz\
Definition of Fomes
: a genus of bracket fungi (family Polyporaceae) usually forming corky or woody perennial sporophores often of large size and including some fungi that cause destructive heartrots of timber and other trees
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?