Fin·lay process | \ ˈfinlē-, -(ˌ)lā-\
Definition of Finlay process
: an additive process of color photography in which exposure is made on a panchromatic plate behind a regular mosaic three-color screen
— called also Paget process
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game