El·a·pho·glos·sum | \ ˌeləfōˈgläsəm\
Definition of Elaphoglossum
: a large genus of tropical ferns (family Polypodiaceae) having shaggy stipes and firm or thick oblong to paddle-shaped fronds entire or forked, the fertile fronds being covered beneath with a felty layer of sporangia lacking indusia — see elephant-ear fern
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?