Do·ve prism | \ ˈdōvə-\
Definition of Dove prism
: a prism that reverts an image but does not produce deviation or displacement of the beam, the rotation of the prism about the axis of the beam rotating the beam at twice the rate of rotation of the prism
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?