Definition of Denebola
: a white star of the second magnitude that is the second brightest star in the constellation Leo Leo has two major parts: the one nearer to Mars is the triangle of stars with Denebola at its sharpest vertex.— Bernie Badger, Florida Today, 2 Mar. 2012
— called also Beta Leonis
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game