Definition of Deneb Kaitos
: an orange giant star of the second magnitude that is the brightest star in the constellation Cetus Deneb Kaitos, the “tail of the whale,” swims through the southern sky. The moderately bright orange star forms the tail of Cetus, the whale. Around 10 p.m., it appears about halfway between the southern horizon and the point directly overhead. — Lewiston (Idaho) Morning Tribune, 5 Nov. 2009
— called also Beta Ceti
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game