Cryp·to·zo·nia | \ -ōnēə\
Definition of Cryptozonia
in some classifications
: a division of starfishes having the marginal plates inconspicuous and being nearly equal to the orders Spinulosa and Forcipulata combined —opposed to Phanerozonia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game