Con·dy·lo·sto·ma | \ ˌkändələˈstōmə\
Definition of Condylostoma
: a genus of large heterotrichous ciliated protozoans having the form of a somewhat flattened ellipsoid with a truncated anterior end and being common and free-living in fresh and salt water
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?