Con·dy·lu·ra | \ ˌkändəˈlu̇rə\
Definition of Condylura
: a genus of moles having 44 small teeth and a muzzle like a snout that terminates in a fringe of cartilaginous or fleshy processes and comprising the star-nosed moles
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game