Clau·si·li·i·dae | \ ˌklȯzəˈlīəˌdē, -ȯsə-\
Definition of Clausiliidae
: a family of terrestrial pulmonate snails having a fusiform sinistral spiral shell in which a rodlike clausilium functions as an operculum
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game