Can·non·ism | \ ˈkanəˌnizəm\
Definition of Cannonism
: concentration of the means of control over the procedure and business of the U.S. House of Representatives in the hands of its speaker
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game