plural Brunellos also Brunellos di Montalcino
Definition of Brunello
: a full-bodied red wine made from Sangiovese grapes that is produced in the Tuscany region of Italy Three impressive reds in particular—Barolo, Barbaresco, and Brunello di Montalcino—have acquired a devoted following among American oenophiles.— Alexis Bespaloff, Elle, January 1987
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game