\ ˈme(ˌ)lō, -lə; -₋ləw, -₋lō+V\
Definition of melo
(Entry 1 of 4)
\ ˈmē(ˌ)lō, ˈme(-\
Definition of Melo (Entry 2 of 4)
taxonomic synonym of cymbium
Definition of melo- (Entry 3 of 4)
: song melologue melomania
Definition of melo- (Entry 4 of 4)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game