Brevi·ci·pit·i·dae | \ -ə̇ˈpitəˌdē\
Definition of Brevicipitidae
: a large family of tropical frogs or toads (suborder Diplasiocoela) comprising the narrow-mouthed toads feeding chiefly on termites and usually lacking maxillary teeth and having ridged palates, large vomers, and the mouth usually small
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?