Definition of Bible-pounder
- A typical God-fearing Bible-pounder who believes that money in the bank is a sign of God's approval.
- —Trevanian, Incident at Twenty-Mile, 1999
- He wants to connect the kind of people that he represents—Evangelical Christians—but not necessarily the image of Evangelical Christians that you may have of some sort of fundamentalist Bible-pounder, those sorts of clichés from popular imagination.
- —Ron Elving, National Public Radio, 18 Aug. 2008
Bible-poundingor less commonly bible-pounding adjective
- Many people in our culture today try to stereotype Christians as wild-eyed zealots and legalistic Bible-pounding bigots.
- —Charles W. Colson et al., Answers To Your Kids' Questions, 2000