Definition of Bible-banger
- With such freedoms, temptation is ever present, as the Bible-bangers on Sunday television testify.
- —Peter Ustinov, Saturday Review, 13 Dec. 1975
- Theologically, upon his death he would shoot straight to heaven, but I, a Protestant Bible-banger, would need to earn my way over and over again.
- —Susan Campbell, Hartford Courant, 18 Dec. 2001
Bible-bangingor less commonly bible-banging adjective
- … a prairie preacher of Wesleyan Methodism, a Bible-banging fundamentalist …
- —Robert S. Anson, Harper's, November 1972
- As Carrie's Bible-banging mother, Betty Buckley … must play a scene in which she curses and slaps her poor daughter around …
- —Jack Kroll, Newsweek, 23 May 1988