Bar·ring·to·nia | \ ˌbariŋˈtōnēə, -nyə\
Definition of Barringtonia
: a genus of tropical trees (family Lecythidaceae) with alternate leaves often crowded toward the branch ends and large white flowers in spikes or racemes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game