Bar·ring·to·nia | \ ˌbariŋˈtōnēə, -nyə\
Definition of Barringtonia
: a genus of tropical trees (family Lecythidaceae) with alternate leaves often crowded toward the branch ends and large white flowers in spikes or racemes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game