Ba·ian·ism | \ ˈbā(y)əˌnizəm\
variants: or less commonly Bajanism \ " , ˈbājə- \
Definition of Baianism
: the doctrine of Baius according to which divine grace is neither gratuitous nor truly necessary, human nature and actions are essentially evil through original sin, human will is not really free, and the sacraments have a highly limited purpose and efficacy
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game