Ba·da·ri·an | \ bəˈdärēən\
Definition of Badarian
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of or belonging to an Egyptian predynastic neolithic culture dated about 5000 b.c. and characterized by fine handmade pottery (such as black beakers with incised designs in white), flint tools, and polished stone axes
Definition of Badarian (Entry 2 of 2)
: one of the ancient Egyptian people who produced the Badarian culture
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game