Ay·yub·id | \ īˈyübə̇d\
variants: or less commonly Ayyubite \ -üˌbīt \
Definition of Ayyubid
: a member of a Muslim dynasty founded in 1171 the separate branches of which flourished in Egypt, Syria, Palestine, Mesopotamia, and southern Arabia until the middle of the 13th century
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game