Aus·tro·riparian | \ ¦ȯstrō\
Definition of Austroriparian
: of, relating to, or being the humid division of the Lower Austral life zone including the lower Mississippi valley and the greater part of the South Atlantic and Gulf states from Virginia to eastern Texas
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?