Australian tree fernnoun
Definition of Australian tree fern
: a fast-growing tree fern (Cyathea cooperi) native to Australia that has broad, finely-divided fronds and a thin stem and that is cultivated as an ornamental His black-bottom lagoon-style pool features two 20-feet-tall Australian tree ferns nearby.— Christine Cole, Orlando Sentinel, 2 Apr. 2004 An avenue of Australian tree ferns spreads great green fronds to create a delicate pattern of light and dark over indigenous Irish ferns below.— Brian De Breffny, Architectural Digest, October 1986
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?