Ate·ri·an | \ əˈtirēən\
Definition of Aterian
: of or belonging to a derived Mousterian culture of northern Africa which has in addition to the usual European Mousterian traits tanged and winged arrow points and leaf-shaped spearheads and which may be said to carry on the Mousterian tradition into upper Paleolithic times
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?