Definition of Arkansas
1 river 1450 miles (2334 kilometers) long in the southwest central U.S. rising in central Colorado and flowing east and southeast through southern Kansas, northeastern Oklahoma, and Arkansas into the Mississippi River
2 state in the south central U.S. bisected by the Arkansas River; capital Little Rock area 53,187 square miles (137,754 square kilometers), population 2,915,918
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?