Definition of Arian
(Entry 1 of 4)
: of or relating to Arius or his doctrines especially that the Son is not of the same substance as the Father but was created as an agent for creating the world
Definition of Arian (Entry 2 of 4)
: a supporter of Arian doctrines
Definition of Arian (Entry 3 of 4)
Definition of -arian (Entry 4 of 4)
1 : believer necessitarian : advocate latitudinarian
2 : producer disciplinarian
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game