Definition of Argentinosaurus
- These seven vertebrae belonged to Argentinosaurus, a long-necked vegetarian dinosaur, or sauropod, that may have outweighed other giants by 40 metric tons.
- —Tim Appenzeller, Science, 16 Dec. 1994
- This was the year news broke of ongoing excavation of the biggest dinosaur found to date: argentinosaurus, an apatosaurus-looking creature weighing 100 tons.
- —Bill Dietrich, Seattle Times, 26 Dec. 1995
- This family included argentinosaur, thought to be the largest animal ever to walk the Earth …
- —Advocate (Baton Rouge, Louisiana), 28 Sept. 2001