Ar·cho·sau·ria | \ ˌär-kə-ˈsȯr-ē-ə\
Definition of Archosauria
: a large subclass of Reptilia comprising the dinosaurs, pterosaurs, and crocodilians all distinguished by possessing temporal openings separated from each other by a postorbitosquamosal arch
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?